Truth and Reconciliation Compendium
Establishing the Truth and Reconciliation Compendium is one part of my acting in 2020 to respond at long last to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada's Calls to Action; another part will be involving myself in the real world to help where I think I can.
The Compendium will include:
* Updates on the TRCC's Call to Action.
* Data and visualizations related to the concerns of the TRCC.
* Reports about the Indian Residential School System in Canada.
* Videos and crowd-sourced transcriptions of Senator Murray Sinclair and others speaking about the TRCC 's findings and recommendations.
I'm hoping that the Compendium helps us to appreciate our nations' pasts and presents and encourages us to act for better futures.
The Compendium will run on free and open source software. Sharing and exchanging knowledge of this technology to empower others is part of my commitment.
January 1, 2020
Data (census, surveys, etc) and visualizations (graphs, maps, etc) related to the concerns of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada.
Recordings of Chief Commissioner Murray Sinclair and others speaking about the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada.
The National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation houses key reports about Indian Residential Schools, including:
* Reports of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
* Historical and Modern Reports
* Reports of the Aboriginal Healing Foundation
The Truth and Reconciliation Compendium concerns these reports and other resources related to the design, operation, impact, and redress of harms associated with Indian Residential Schools.
Go to the Admin dashboard to start working with Truth and Reconciliation Compendium.